Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of those of you who are fortunate enough to be given the privilege and responsibility of being a Father. The greatest joy in this life was that time that I spent as a father, involved in our daughter's life. The person I most respect and admire in this life is my father. He's now 89 and still in very good health. The most fun I now have in this life is watching the grand crew grow up right here in town. It is WONDERFUL!!! Being a father is the most important responsibility that you will ever have as a man. Thanks Dad for the incredible example that you have been to me. If I live to be half the man that my father is, I will be twice the man of most others.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a step father... meaning for Father's Day, I get stepped on... a lot... so no real difference from normal. :)

    Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    Happy Father's Day, Driller! I absolutely love to feel the joy in your words when you speak of your daughter and grandcrew! You're the kind of man every child deserves in his/her life. Such a lucky family you have. Enjoy this special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute. Excellent.

    Happy Father's Day. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a beautiful gentleman.
    he looks like a preacher!
    i had a fathers day post for my dad and he isn't saved yet and he is almost 83...
    this was a great gift to your dear dad...this wonderful tribute!

    ReplyDelete