Monday, September 20, 2010

Ruby Tuesday - Decatur Illinois Church Tour - Final Chapter

Click on badge to view other participants

This edition of Ruby Tuesday brings us to the final stop on our tour of Churches in Decatur, Illinois.  This is the First United Methodist Church.  As best as I can determine, this structure was built around 1906.  I did not do a close inspection of the exterior, but I doubt if that red was the original finish on the building.  Still, the basic Gothic architecture is in tact.



Well, that concludes our visit to the Churches of Decatur.  As I said earlier, I would LOVE to schedule a return visit to each of these churches and photograph the stained glass windows from the inside.  I know they will take my breath away.  Hope you enjoyed the tour.

9 comments:

  1. I would love to tour the inside of this church too. I'll bet the stained glass windows would be awesome viewing them from the inside. I love stained glass windows.

    Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love red church doors, and the architecture of the building is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A grand building. I love the tall tower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that is one majestic church design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! The red of the church and the stunning blue sky makes a perfect group of pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful architecture! What a fun tour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely building - great towers and turrets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a church! You gave it a fine treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm from Decatur, Illinois. Great to see these pictures on your blog. Well done!

    ReplyDelete