Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Iron Chef Dining

During our recent trip to Orlando, we were staying at the Disney Swan hotel.  Now this hotel is not really a part of Disney properties but it is adjacent to the Boardwalk and it is in the middle of many of the attractions.  One evening my wife and I walked down to the Boardwalk to explore the dining possibilities.  There are several good restaurants, all of which are a bit on the pricey side, with the possible exception of Big River Grill.  Well, we spotted this place.

What's so special about Kouzzina  you ask.  Well, it's affiliated with this lady.
That's right, Iron Chef, Cat Cora has a restaurant on the Disney Boardwalk.  Who could pass up an opportunity to try something from her recipe book?  Not me.  Warning, it is an upscale dining experience.  while the dress may be Disney vacation casual, the menu and the pricing is anything but.  Still, we were celebrating a belated thirty-seventh wedding anniversary.  We ordered and appetizer.  It was Seared Greek Cheese with Lemon and Oregano (Saganaki).  It looks like this.

It was wonderful.  Neither of us had ever tasted anything like it.  Next came the entree's. My wife ordered the Saffron Pasta with Lamb Ragu, while I opted for the Wood-grilled New York Strip with Herb Salsa and Kouzzina Potatoes.

Both dishes were amazing.  I can honestly say that this was truly a unique dining experience.  I would do it again in a New York minute.  We passed on dessert this evening, so this is the end of this photo op.  If you are at Disney World and you want a word class meal, prepared from the recipe book of an Iron Chef, Kouzzina is a must do.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to have had dinner there. Everything looks amazing. I had to chuckle though because we bloggers are always photographing food.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tragic way to ruin a steak. Blech greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat Cora is one of my favorite chefs. But I think I have to agree with Travis Erwin about the green stuff on an otherwise perfectly edible NY strip.

    ReplyDelete