Monday, November 14, 2011

Ruby Tuesday

Click on badge to view other participants

This past week-end found us taking the youngest granddaughter to her soccer tournament in Tulsa, well actually Sand Springs, Ok.  One of our opponents were in all red uniforms, so it made a perfect Ruby Tuesday photo opportunity.  These girls are 9-10 years of age.  They are just beginning to show some real soccer skills and teamwork at this age.
We won this match 2-0, which was a bit of an upset.  The other team was much bigger and I believe most of their girls were at the older end of the age bracket.  Tulsa soccer clubs are usually very good, so it was a big deal to beat one of their clubs.
The granddaughter is not in any of these photos.  These just happen to be what I picked out for Ruby Tuesday.  I've got other captures of her that I will share later.  Happy Ruby Tuesday all.

9 comments:

  1. Soccer is a good thing for kids to learn. Discipline, teamwork and all the stuff that you need to know to become an adult.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see young people out in the sun having fun. So many of their peers are inside playing video games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of s grest gsme. Two of my little grandsons play socceer and they love the game. One time in the early 2000's my son was teaching in South \Kporea durin the World Cup and Korea was doing the best they had done in 50 years. The streets were afloat with red shirts, my son wearing one to celebr\te their winnings.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great actions shots...congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very active and colourful sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful action shots. Your grand daughter is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice shots I love soccer and when my son was smaller I used to go see him play. My wife used to play in a ladys team many years ago. I hope your grand daughter likes the game as much as we do here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete