Thursday, January 5, 2012

Skywatch Friday and More

Click on badge to view other participants

December Sunrise

I took a week of vacation between Christmas and New Years Day.  One morning I looked out the window and knew there was going to be a great sunrise.  So, I grabbed the camera, jumped in the car, and drove a couple of miles to one of my favorite places to capture sunrises and sunsets.  I was not disappointed.

While you are reading this, my wife and I will be in Dallas (Arlington), TX for the Cotton Bowl.  We have never been to a major college bowl game before, so this should be some serious fun.  I am an OU alumni, but we live in Arkansas.  That means that on Friday night I will be wearing Crimson (just like OU), and calling the the HOGS!!!!  WOooooooo  PIG!  Soooie.  RAZORBACKS!

My first inspirational song for the new year will come from one of the finest church choirs in the country, The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.  As those of you know, who follow this blog, I LOVE Southern Gospel music.  I love quartets.  But I also love great choirs, and "Brooklyn Tab" is the best!  There is something special about a hundred voices praising the Lord.  Enjoy.


Have a blessed week-end.

4 comments:

  1. If there's supposed to be a video of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir then I can't see it. Drat. I know how much you love gospel music indeed.

    Love the sunrise and you certainly have captured a lot of really cool Skywatch Friday material at that location.

    Have a terrific day and a blessed weekend too. Enjoy the game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is impressive. Happy weekend!

    SWF

    ReplyDelete