Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Show Stoppers

While the horses may be the stars at the Youth World Championship Palomino Show, there is no shortage of "Bling" on the riders. 
Many of these outfits retail in the low four figures.   And you thought being a soccer parent was expensive.





  Attention to detail is just a part of the show.  The saddle, the blanket, the rider's outfit should compliment the horse and make the rider and the horse look like a complete package.  You would have to be there in person to see what I mean.



Like dance, this sport is dominated by women.  There are a few guys in the competition, and they usually do very well, but I'm guessing most of the guys are more interested in rodeo than showmanship.


Like I said in an earlier post, we had a wonderful time in Tulsa and I took a boat load of photos.  I'm beginning to think that I like this event photography stuff.  I just have to figure it out.  I'm looking forward to next year, because I already know where I want to set up my camera.

3 comments:

  1. Your shots are fabulous. You do photography very, very well. I love all the outfits. They are all beautiful and I'm including the horses too.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy the equestrian events at the Olympics, so I think I would probably enjoy this showmanship competition too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those almost put Porter Wagoner to shame!

    ReplyDelete