Thursday, September 12, 2013

Skywatch Friday

Our annual family vacation on Table Rock Lake in Missouri always provides an opportunity for a great skywatch image.  This is the third year that we have made this resort our vacation destination, and the grand kids have no desire to go anywhere else.  The lake is right out our back door, the pool is right out our front door, and they get to be kids 24/7!  We fish off of the marina dock in the evening, we use the free kayaks during the day, I take my bass boat and we fish in the morning.  We often rent a pontoon for everyone to go out on the lake at the same time.  It's very relaxing and great fun for everyone.  In fact, we never go to Silver Dollar City, which is only a mile up the road and we rarely travel into Branson, which is about seven miles from our resort.  We just hang out and enjoy the lake and one another.  There is nothing quite like fellowship with the family.
Christians are a family.  In fact, the church is the bride of Christ, and there is nothing that the bridegroom enjoys more than fellowship with His bride.  All too often the bride gives the bridegroom the "cold shoulder".
We fail to talk to the groom through prayer.  We fail to read his love letters to us through His Word, and we fail to claim the abundant life that our Savior has provided for us through His sacrifice on the cross.  Any successful marriage is hard work.  Both parties have to make the happiness of their spouse their number one priority, and that is not always easy to do.  We are Christ's number one priority and fellowship with us is His number one desire.  Unfortunately we rarely return His love in the form of our worship, praise, and obedience.  The good news is that our Savior and bridegroom always stands ready to forgive, forget, and restore the relationship.  We simply have to take the first step.
Father, forgive me for my arrogance, my pride, and my disobedience.  Restore unto me the joy of my salvation and renew a right spirit within me.  May I find my joy and peace in Christ alone.


11 comments:

  1. What a lovely shot indeed. I'm so happy that you can all get together each year. So many families are not close at all.

    Loved the video as always.

    Have a blessed day and upcoming weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at the color array ~ Mother Nature's palette ~ Great shot! ~ carol, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome place for a vacation! Beautiful sky shot! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful pastel colors! I love it! And I love anything the Gaithers put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo!
    Great song, too!
    Have a blessed week-end!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous shot! And how wonderful to have your grandies with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pic, I love reading about your family at the lake. Being together is the whole point. I also love your points about Christians being a family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Love the sky reflection in the calm lake waters.

    ReplyDelete