Monday, September 1, 2014

Ruby Tuesday Too - Peter Max


I don't know the title of this painting, but the artist is Peter Max.  Max became famous in the 60's for his style of pop art.  Many people consider him to be the father of psychedelic art.  He produced ad campaign artwork, album covers, posters, paintings, fabric designs, etc.  I really like this piece, and if I could afford a Peter Max painting, this just might be the one that I would choose.  He did a series based on the Statue of Liberty which is also pretty cool.

Here are a few more examples of Peter Max's artwork.  If they don't say 60's Flower Power, I don't know what does.  Have a groovy Ruby Tuesday Too.





7 comments:

  1. It's probably the one I would chose too. He's is so talented. I also like his 'Two Hearts as One'.

    Have a fabulous Labor Day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful stuff. You and I lived through the 60's. I don't miss them. The art is fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these and I agree that they are a trip back to the 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've shared some eye-popping reds! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pop art laden with character. Fascinating examples.

    ReplyDelete