Thursday, January 21, 2016

Inspiration Thursday

I have recently returned to my habit of reading one chapter of Proverbs each day.  The Bible teaches us to seek wisdom and there is no better place to seek wisdom than the books of  Psalms and Proverbs. Add the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew and you can spend a lifetime gleaning knowledge from these verses. Yesterday I came upon this verse and it provoked the following thoughts.
We live in a society filled with marketing that promises to make you feel younger, stronger, healthier etc., but nothing that promises to make you wiser. God's Word instructs all of us to seek wisdom. Young men are instructed to seek wise counsel. Wisdom comes from life experiences. The older men have been where you are going and they can give you insight about the journey you are on. Those who have used God's Word as their guide to living are a testimony to every aspect of God's character, holiness, faithfulness, love, strength, etc. God instructs young men to seek wisdom, and he places grey hair on the heads of the wise so that they are easier to find. Have a blessed day.


2 comments:

  1. I love the aging process and don't try to look younger. Wiser is tougher thing to achieve.

    Love the video.

    Have a blessed Thursday my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs is a great place to learn about wisdom. What gets me is that I get different things out of a particular proverb every time I read it.

    ReplyDelete