Thursday, September 29, 2016

Inspiration Thursday - Trust and Obey



One of the most difficult things for a person to do seems to be to place their trust in someone else. We are taught to be self reliant, self sufficient, and self motivated. We take great pride in our personal accomplishments and our ability to solve our own problems. There was a song that praised the self made man, titled "I did It My Way." However, God tells us to trust in Him with all of our hearts and not to lean on our own understanding.
The truth is, our finite minds cannot always see or comprehend how God is working in our life. The Creator tells us, "...My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9) The psalmist asked of God something that we should seek daily when he wrote, "Show me your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on you I wait all day." (Psalm 25:4) David wrote, "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him."
 (2 Samuel 22:31) It's pretty simple really. All we have to do is "Trust & Obey." Have a blessed day.



1 comment:

  1. Very well said.

    Loved the video.

    Have a blessed day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete