Thursday, July 20, 2017

Skywatch Friday - Farmer's Market

Every Saturday morning between April and October, the Bentonville square turns into a farmer's market and a social gathering place for hundreds and hundreds of people. You can buy everything from hand made jewelry to organically raised prime beef & pork. This time of year I am in the market for fresh tomatoes and okra. Yes, okra...and I like it fried or boiled. Needless to say it is good in stew and soups. I found what I was looking for so Saturday evening we had BLT sandwiches and later in the week okra will be on the menu.

8 comments:

  1. I love going to markets like this, you can't go wrong with a fresh tomato there is nothing as good, okra I also like really well, fried is the best for me but I'll take it any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are great places to visit for fresh veggies and fruit. I love a good farmers market.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several in the area. It can be difficult to decide which one to visit.

      Delete
  3. I love going to the farmers markets!
    I have been buying okra, too, blanching them (whole pods), and putting in the freezer for winter eating
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headed back to the market in the morning for more fresh tomatoes, maybe another helping of okra.

      Delete
  4. Those markets like that are fun. I always check out the honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always on the lookout for blackberry and tri-berry jellies & jams.

      Delete