Thursday, November 25, 2010

Extreme Make-over...Blogger Edition Part II

Okay, this looks festive enough for the remainder of the holidays.  It's a little brighter than I might prefer, but it definitely will work for Christmas.  I think I'll keep this scheme through the new year.  I'll find something more permanent after January 1.
Thanksgiving at our house was a very good day.  Three of the grand crew spent Wednesday night here.  They helped Nana in the kitchen and set the table for today's festivities.  I built the first fire of the season in the fireplace, so we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows.  You guessed it, Nana had graham crackers and Hersey bars on hand, so "Smores" were the dessert of the evening.
Our daughter,her husband, and the oldest of the grand crew arrived a little after 11:00 this morning.  We ate around 1:00.  After dessert (pumpkin or lemon meringue pie) and a little football, we loaded up the cars and headed to the movies.  "Tangled" was the movie of choice.  It was good, but I wouldn't pay extra to see it in 3-D again.  After the movie, we headed our separate ways.  Our daughter is traveling two hours to Branson with some of her friends to shop at the outlet malls.  They open at midnight.  I'll be in bed.
Friday is supposed to be cold here, so there will be NO black Friday shopping for Nana and I.  We'll sleep in a little, I'll build another fire, and we will just stay home and stay warm.  See you next week.

7 comments:

  1. Well I wasn't going to do any BF shopping but your new template jolted me awake so what do I do now.

    Really, I like it. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be pulling for those Sooners to take down OSU and make things complicated in the Big XII. Hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually had snow yesterday. It was wonderful knowing that we were warm and indoors, enjoying a fine meal and lots of football.

    Today it's raining and there's more football. And we have no shopping to do other than perhaps to get some more decorations!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. We did too.

    I don't shop on Black Friday. I too was in bed at midnight. Oh the young. I was out there when I was young too.

    Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I love the new do. It is very very festive. No shopping for me either. I can't get up that early and refuse to just to shop.

    Oh I see you are living in Ar. now but remain true to The Sooners.

    I am originally from Texas and lived about half my childhood years in AR. where my dad was raised, so I am really a turn coat as we always pull for the Sooners now too! what a team!!

    Happy day,
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! Looks like Christmas has come to the Drillers. The Bedlam game just started so I;ll talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this template! I get tired of my templates and change them several times a year. I've been looking at different templates to see if I could find one for the season, but haven't seen anything I wanted so far.

    I live in Nebraska. Are you watching the football game? It sure is a close one! I am one of the few Nebraskans who is not all wrapped up in football. In fact, I'm only looking up at the game off and on. It's 20 to 20 right now. If they win, it's OK with me, if not, I'm still just as OK.

    My parents lived in Bella Vista for a few years. They moved back here when my sister-in-law had cancer. We enjoyed visiting them in Arkansas. They had a nice house there, but it was never home to my mom.

    ReplyDelete