Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Wordless Wednesday - Riding the Rails

I was going through some my old photos that are stored on CD's. Some of them were from the transition period when you could take the images from your film camera and have them put on CD at Walmart, or Walgreen's. It seems funny to only have 24 - 36 images on a CD and they are less that 1mg each.  Anyway, I came across these images of a steam engine and they reminded me of the trip we took. After all, that's what photos are for, to remind you of good times. Back in 2001 a Frisco steam engine was brought into Cherokee Yard, in West Tulsa, and the public was given the opportunity to take a short excursion on the train. Since my father had worked for the Frisco for forty-two years and I grew up around railroad men, my wife and I jumped at the chance to take our granddaughter. It was great fun and looking back at the photos was most enjoyable. I decided to take a couple of the images and convert them to black & white. Here are the results. Have a blessed day.




6 comments:

  1. I love trains too. I would have gone at the drop of a hat too. Last Thanksgiving we had our Thanksgiving dinner on a train out of Oakdale. It was most enjoyable.

    Have a terrific Wordless Wednesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing pictures of trains!
    Is you and your granddaughter? Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and that little girl is now 20 years old and a junior in college.

      Delete
  3. Ah! Your header is gorgeous, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so love to see/smell/hear an old steam engine. It would bring back memories.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/08/along-eno-river.html

    ReplyDelete