Sunday, October 1, 2017

Friday Night Lights 2017

Here we are, four weeks into the 2017 high school football season and I haven't posted any game photos. Truth is, Friday night was the first game that I actually took my camera with me to intentionally photograph the game.

We now have two high schools in town and they both appear to be pretty good this year. In a couple of weeks they will face each other and we will know who owns the city for this year.

The band is always ready for a good time and they are more than willing to provide music to get the fans in the mood for the game.



 On this night the home team prevailed, which is just what I was hoping for.
Both teams played hard and the crowd was excited about almost every play.



The home team quarterback scored a couple of times and the crowd went wild.

One of the wide receivers drives into the endzone and the home team goes up by a couple of touchdowns.

With this score, the visitors made it a close game and set up an exciting finish. I love high school football.

4 comments:

  1. And as usual you have some great actions shots. You are quite the photographer.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you It's my favorite time of year for photography.

      Delete
  2. You have captured the essence of high school football. Lots of excitement and some very skilled players. The games that I have seen recently impressed as the teams being a lot better and the coaching more effective than what I remember decades ago in high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, everything about the game today is bigger, faster and better. It is great fun to watch and photograph.

      Delete