Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fun With Filters - Barn Find

Have you ever wondered "What if?" Of course you have. I took this photo last year. The barn is located about 20 miles from our house. I was looking through these images the other day and when I came across this one I said, "What if I convert it to grayscale and put a little texture to it."

The results surprised me! There are some free filters from On1 that run in PhotoShop and PhotoShop Elements. Once I converted the image to grayscale (black & white) I stacked a couple of filters on top and this is what happened. There are times when a grayscale image seems to convey more of the soul of the subject in the photo than color, but this is ridiculous. I may have to do a whole series on barns in grayscale. To get the full impact of the post processing, just click on the image to enlarge.

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the filters. That poor old barn looks like it is ready to go anytime.

    ReplyDelete