Sunday, November 19, 2017

Awe...some Mondays - Countdown to a Marathon

It's hard to believe, but Friday I will begin posting my 8th Christmas Music Marathon. If you don't know what it is let me explain. Beginning the day after Thanksgiving I will post a photo, a music video or two...maybe three and a devotional thought that attempts to focus our attention on the true meaning of Christmas. You are cordially invited to drop by listen to the music, enjoy the photos and read a short message that will hopefully encourage you during the season. The music will come from traditional hymns, contemporary Christian, Southern Gospel, as well as choirs and orchestras. Here is a sample of the music that will be posted.



It's not Christmas yet, but it will be here before you know it, so join me this Friday to begin celebrating the greatest event in human history, the birth of Jesus Christ. Have a blessed week.

 Click on image to enlarge

Lucy is ready for the 2017 Christmas Music Marathon to begin. The fun starts Friday.

10 comments:

  1. I love Lucy. Hmmm. Where have I heard that before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love her too, even though she's not a redhead.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely tradition! Advent seems to get lost these days, i'm glad you are doing something toward preparing hearts to receive the King.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It give me an opportunity to post my photography and find new Christmas music. Come back Friday for the first official post of the season.

      Delete
  3. What a creative and wonderful idea to begin to share the lead up to Christmas ~ so spiritual and meaningful the way you are going to do so. Thanks, ^_^

    What a handsome dog ~ and Xmas bow ~ wonderful photo ~ hugs,

    Happy Thanksgiving to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It keeps me focused and I hope that it brings a little joy to others.

      Delete
  4. wow Looking forward to your music marathon! Have a great Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be thankful don't we!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have more to be thankful for than we can imagine. Have a blessed Thanksgiving as well.

      Delete
  5. And I'll be right here enjoying the great music. Just like I do every year.

    Have a fabulous Awesome Monday. Scritches to the four legged boss. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fun starts Friday. The queen of the house will be here too.

    ReplyDelete