Thursday, January 7, 2010

Friday Thoughts & Sky Photos





Click on photo to enlarge.




This was the sight that greeted me as I passed through Pea Ridge, Arkansas this past Tuesday evening as I headed home from work.  I just had to pull over and take the shot.

The Christmas lights have been taken down and put away for another year.  The tree has been boxed up and stored.  Well, the tree isn't down yet because it's been too cold to cart it outside and into the garage for storage.  The photos of Chrstmas' past have gone back into the drawer and another holiday season has come to a close.  The Sooners won the Sun Bowl.  That's a good beginning to the new year.  Sitting here watching the Fiesta Bowl, it is now official...TCU has replaced Oregon as the owners of the ugliest uniforms in college football.  Somebody call the folks at "What Not To Wear".


Sorry Horned Frog fans, but these are just bad looking uni's!



Of course with Oregon, there are just soooo many bad uniforms to pick from!  These are just a few of their seemingly endless options of bad taste.

Okay, that's enough sports fun for the day, on to the inspirational song.  I'm going to start the year with my favorite southern gospel group, Ernie Hasse and Signature Sound Quartet.  The song is "Trying to Get a Glimpse".  Enjoy.


19 comments:

  1. That has to be one of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - a stunning sky! I know I would have stopped. :)
    Excellent choice on the music. You've included them before and are making me a fan as well.
    Carletta’s Captures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors in that sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow magnificent sky..so lovely! Thanks for sharing and happy weekend!

    SkyWatchFriday:Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  5. Driller: Amazing photo of such a colorful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sunset picture.
    We have Christmas put away except for the outdoor lights. They are dark but I'm waiting until its warmer to take them down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the sun lights the clouds on fire as it sets. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing shot, seems like the sky`s on fire! Thank your for visiting:) The dog`s means the world to me!
    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great catch of the sun's reflections on the clouds.

    Oregon's white uniforms aren't so bad. But what is with those checkered areas, or whatever they are?

    Thanks for stopping by My Field of Vision.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the sky. As I forget the trees, the orange texture looks almost like a wheat field with the blue the sky above the horizon. The imagination works overtime with this view. Ugly uniforms? Hopefully their play on the field negates the 'style' they wear...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that sky is brilliant! What an amazing sunset.

    I also would have stopped the car to snap a photo. With my luck I would have left the camera home. haha

    Happy Sky Looking in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one blazing sky indeed and thank for pulling over and not taking that shot while driving!

    The uniforms? Does the head coach say, "Sure, let's make the other team sick of looking at us and maybe we can win"?????

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you stopped to take the shot. It's a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous sunset! Thanks for sharing! Happy Skywatch Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi. I wanted to drop you a quick note to express my thanks. I've been following your blog for a month or so and have picked up a ton of good information as well as enjoyed the way you've structured your site.

    ReplyDelete