Monday, April 23, 2012

Question Time

I found this meme over at Comedy Plus and decided to play along.  The original meme rules can be found at Judy H-J's Thoughts- A Twinless Twin.You're supposed to tag some other bloggers, but I'll let you decide if you want to participate.  I haven't done a blog post without a photograph in quite some time. 

1.How long have you been blogging?

I started in April of 2007 with a blog I called "BrainFreeze".  I didn't know how to compress photos, so I used up all of the available memory in a couple of years.  That's when I started Driller's Place.

2. Are you a procrastinator or do you take care of things right away?

Yes.  Some things I will take care of in a timely manner, other things, not so much.

3. If you have siblings, are you close?

I am an only child and I am okay with that.

4. What's the best thing about your job? The worst?

I'm semi-retired, so the best thing about my job is that it is only three days a week.  The worst thing about it, is that it is still three days a week.

5. If you had $1,000 to spend on anything you wanted, what would you buy?

Spend it on my wife.

6. How long has it been since you visited your hometown?

I was born in Henryetta, OK and grew up in Tulsa, OK.  I consider Tulsa my hometown.  It's been nearly a year since I was there last.  Since dad passed away in 2009, I don't have any real family ties there anymore.

7. Have you decorated for Easter/Spring? please share pictures.

My wife decorates some for every season.  There is at least a wreath on the door and a few decorations in the living room.  Christmas is a different story.  She turns the house into something spectacular for the birth of our Savior.

8. Do you sleep with a fan on?

Yes, there is a ceiling fan that we sleep under nearly every night.  I think it's one reason I don't always sleep well in hotel rooms...no air movement.

9. The beach or the mountains?

Mountains I suppose.  I love being on the lake, in my bass boat, but I'm not a huge fan of salt water.

10. If you had to choose only one which would you pick: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or blogging?



Blogging I guess.  I do use Facebook to keep up with some family and friends.  I have never used my Twitter account.  I just signed up on Pinterest, but haven't posted anything there.

11. When shopping, do you use coupons or shop around for the best deal?

We use a few coupons and I will shop around for the best deal, unless I have a very specific product in mind.  I will use Amazon or Ebay to get the best deal on some items that I am not in a hurry to receive.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about Amazon. I go there for good deals too.

    Thanks for playing along. I'm not surprised by anything you said here. I guess I've known you for a good long while.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Jamaica Driller! Thanks for participating in this meme. It was good visiting your Blog for the first time and learning about you. I am a new Follower. Take care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a lot of questions here, why not post a couple on Thursday Two Questions? It comes around every week! Have you heard of the TTQ meme, click the link TTQ Details to find out.

    ReplyDelete