Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oklahoma Proud...Just Sayin'

One of my Facebook friends posted this recently.  At first glance it appears to be humorous.  But after a second reading, then a third, this is basically who I am...and I am okay with that.  I was born and spent the first five years of my life in a small Oklahoma town, Henryetta to be exact.  It is where my mother was raised.  It is where she met my and and where they were married.  It's where they are both buried.  I grew up in Tulsa and it will always be my 'hometown".  Most importantly, the values in this little article are very close to me.  I can remember always pulling over to respect a funeral, or yielding the right of way to an ambulance.



Yes, I am from a small town in Oklahoma and I am proud of it.

3 comments:

  1. proud to be in the place you are in..=_) visiting from 366 BPC

    http://www.lovehomegrowgarden.info/2012/05/08/my-parents-dining-set/

    ReplyDelete
  2. «Louis» grew up in the Texas panhandle and lived in Oklahoma City for three years before coming to California. He understands perfectly your fondness for your "hometown", all the more so with the rising level of political insanity that passes for governance these days in California....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should all be proud of where we grew up.

    ReplyDelete