Monday, May 7, 2012

Road Trip

Last week my wife and I made a trip to Branson, MO for a couple of days.  Branson is only a couple of hours from our home, and the drive is scenic and pleasant.  About half way through the trip we passed this place and decided to stop for a few minutes.

 If you're looking for plants and yard ornaments that you won't find a Lowe's or Walmart, this is your place.

 There is a rustic, unorganized clutter about this place that is truly charming and makes your shopping experience more like a treasure hunt.  I believe that there are times when the staff are as surprised at what you have found in their inventory as you are.

There are several water features on the property, filled with plants and fish.  All are surrounded by a myriad of yard art objects.

There were some of the most unusual planters that I have ever seen.  Again, you won't find this stuff at your local big-box store.

Where else would you find an alligator and a dolphin sharing the same body of water?

When was the last time you considered adding a wolf to your landscape project?

If I had a boat house on the lake, I would sooooo have this weather vane!
We spent about half an hour wandering through this place.  I know we will return to visit, if only for the entertainment value.  Next time you plan on adding something to your landscape, I would encourage you to skip the usual big-box options and seek out some place unique.  At the very least, it will be a more entertaining shopping experience than wandering  the garden center aisles of Home Depot or Lowe's.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool place. I'd have stopped too.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that wolf. Looks like a pretty neat place.

    ReplyDelete