Thursday, January 16, 2014

Skywatch Friday

Midnight Cry

Looking through the trees from our back deck, the full moon was a beautiful sight.  Much more beautiful than I was able to capture here.  The truth is, it was most attractive earlier in the evening when it was a brilliant orange and much lower in the sky.  I didn't have my camera at that time so I missed the photo opportunity.  My loss.  I may try again in the next couple of evenings to get better images.  This image is better suited for a Halloween evening, don't  you think.


8 comments:

  1. Nice shot through the branches. It reminds me of an eyeball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it IS a bit spooky. Nice!
    I like how we all see the same big moon from different continents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot, and yes it does have a bit of an eerie quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, pretty!! Magical and mystical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's a Halloween moon if I ever saw one.

    Love the video. Always enjoy your videos. Nice way to start my day.

    Have a blessed weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent moon shot for SWF ~ lovely ~ carol, xxx (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very spooky moon. I would have liked to see the orange moon. Ours was just moon like. My daughter lives in Eastern Washington and she had a pic of the moon also and hers was orange too. I musta missed it.
    The problem with the Supermoon is that I believe it will be out during the day and we won't see much of it. Phooey!
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky site was earthsky.org
    Very informative. MB

    ReplyDelete