Friday, January 31, 2014

Skywatch Friday

One of my favorite activities is participating in Skywatch Friday.  I've been doing it for several years now.  One reason that I like this meme is that it makes me look up and take the time to enjoy the artwork that is the heavens.  Sunrise and sunset usually provide the most spectacular display of color and light.
The Bible says that Christ has prepared a place for each of us who have accepted Him as our personal Lord and Savior.  When I look at what He prepares and shares with us at sunrise and sunset, I cannot imagine what He has in store for us when His people step into eternity and claim that place that He has set aside especially for each of His followers.
One day each of us will step through the door of death and into eternity.  We will leave this world behind.  We will take nothing from this life with us.  We will spend eternity in one of two places.  If we rely on ourselves, our own works, our own accomplishments, and our own pride, then we will spend an eternity separated from God in a place of eternal torment that the Bible describes as hell.  If we have truly trusted Christ as our Savior, we will spend eternity in a place that Christ Himself has prepared for us.  It is a place of no more tears, no more sickness, no more death.  When I look at my options, all I can say is "Give me Jesus."


3 comments:

  1. A great shot and give me Jesus too.

    Have a fabulous weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sky and song!

    Happy weekend!

    Blessings!

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot, I love the layer cake effect with all the different colors.

    ReplyDelete