Monday, April 14, 2014

Ruby Tuesday Too

I used to post this photo for my Ruby Tuesday badge.  Anyone with a passing interest in American automobiles can visualize the rest of this car with no more information than is presented in this image.


Last week I posted this image of the same car.  Again, there are two clues that tells any gear head the year that this automotive icon rolled off of the assembly line.  For those of you who need a little more information, read on.

This was the last year of what was probably the high point of automotive styling at Chevrolet.  Between 1955 and 1957 Chevrolet produced three body styles that have become classic street rod material.  I do think that the 1956 Ford was a worthy competitor for the 1956 Chevy, but the '57 Ford was no match for the '57 Bel-Aire with a fuel injected 283.
Go to any car show, automobile auction, or cruise night and the tri-fecta of  '55-'56-'57 Chevy's outnumber the Fords by a considerable margin.  Many of the '55-'56 Ford street rods are running Chevy power plants. Personally, I think they should stay true to their brand.  I think that a '55-'56 Ford Fairlane with a 302 crate motor would make a perfectly fine daily driver.  This red '57 Chevrolet does not sport the Bel-Aire trim, but it is still an eye-catching, heart throbbing ride.

Okay, okay, so this isn't red, but it does give you an idea what the Bel-Aire trim package looks like.  Sweet!

7 comments:

  1. There were some great cars back in the day and I remember this one very well. The Bel-Aire rocked.

    Have a fabulous Ruby Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots of the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know my vintage cars well, but I so love to see and photograph them whenever I get the opportunity. A fascinating, beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at and photographing the old cars, and owning, and driving the new cars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love Bel-Airs.. especially red ones!
    My RT Too

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be hard NOT to see your face shining back at you from that glossy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great captures ..... gorgeous colors and reflections!

    ReplyDelete