Saturday, April 5, 2014

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - Shiny Wheels Etc.

Macro
 This image of Tigger is on a coffee cup that I use on a regular basis.  I was messing with the macro setting on a point and shoot camera that I own and captured this in the process.


 Wheels
If you're looking for wheels, especially fancy ones, look no further than Bikes, Blues, and BBQ.  It is an annual event held in Fayetteville, Arkansas.  Over 100,000 bikers descend on our part of the world for a week of activities.  It gives me some wonderful photo opportunities.

  Shiny
I don't think I've ever seen a Jeep as shiny as this one.  It was on display in Branson, Missouri last spring.

  Weather
Heaven knows that the winter of 2013 will go down in history as one of the coldest on record here in Arkansas.  It did provide some great photo opportunities.  I love the contrast between the moving water and the frozen water in this image.

  Favorite Sport
I do enjoy photographing the grand kids sports, but I have always loved football. Last fall I was able to get down close to the field at the local high school game and capture a few images.  I'm going to try to do it again this year.  One problem with this is that you sometimes lose track of the game, because you're too busy trying to get a good photograph.

10 comments:

  1. Great selections for this week. Love that bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Envious that you got to see one of Paul's bikes in person. Hubby saw the episode with that bike being created. Beautiful weather shot; Tigger just makes me laugh! Great shots this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 100,000 bikers....that is a lot of wheels. Great job on all your selections today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Jeep makes me laugh, as I think all five words could be in one single photo, especially favorite sport, as I saw just yesterday, (wish I could have captured it, but was driving) a Jeep covered in sporty mud! the Geico bike rocks, and I used that little guy in a post for Thematic Photographic, he sure gets around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some awesome shots here. You are a very good photographer. Very good.

    Have a blessed Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those are some snazzy wheels! I'm glad that weather is behind us now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the green of that motorcycle. And the waterfalls are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice jeep! Quite a contrast to the one sitting in our yard with the blue paint faded by the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. You have enough good shots for a weeks worth of posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great shots! I love that football shot.

    ReplyDelete