Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Inspiration Thursday - Thank You Lord


As I look around this troubled world in which I live, I can only say, "Thank you Lord for the life that you have given to me.  Even though I am nearing the end of my sixth decade on this planet, and some things don't work as well as they used to, still, my life is blessed.  Yes, I have a pacemaker.  Yes, I have two bad knees and replacement surgery is probably in my future.  Yes, I have a couple of other medical issues that require monitoring, but I have access to adequate medical care.  I can do most anything that I want, deep knee bends excluded, but who really wants to do those anyway?  All in all, my health is good, not perfect, but good.
I live in the greatest country in the world!  I have freedoms that other people from other nations only dream about.  I may not like what my government is doing on any given issue and I may not like the choice that the people have made regarding some of our elected officials.  Still, the democratic republic that our forefathers established and the Creator of the universe has blessed, is the greatest nation in the history of the world and I am ever thankful to be a native born citizen of the United States of America.
As a citizen of this great nation, I am most thankful for our freedom of religion.  It is that freedom that is most responsible for the greatness of this country.  I am thankful for it because it is through the freedom to preach and teach the message of the Gospel that I came to know about Jesus Christ and my need for a savior.  When my time on this earth is over I will move from the greatest nation on the planet, to the greatest home ever created.  Christ has prepared a place for me in heaven so that I might live forever and worship Him.  As good as this life has been, it does not compare to an eternity without tears, without pain, without suffering of any kind.  Thank you Lord for this life and the one that I will experience some day.


1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for my life as well. Thank you Lord.

    Have a blessed day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete