Sunday, April 30, 2017

Awe...some Mondays - Retirement II

 Very, very soon my wife and best friend will join me in retirement. Last week her co-workers honored her with a party and gifts. Next week will be her last work week.

 This decorative piece says in it all. My wife loves to organize and plan events. She loves to cook and the kitchen is her happy place. The grand kids are more than special to her, but everyone she comes in contact with is made to feel special. Fortunately, I have been the recipient of her sparkle for nearly 43 years and now we can share everyday together.

 Of course there was cake and ice cream.

Congratulations to my wife on an honor well deserved. Welcome to the world of retirement. You've earned it and now we can enjoy it together.

9 comments:

  1. Hello DrillerAA, you have a beautiful wife and you both make a striking couple. I follow your blog but don't always comment. Today I wish you and your wife happy retirement (we call it "rewirement"!) Blessings Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like "rewirement". It speaks to some the adjustments that one has to make to enjoy life with more control over your schedule.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for the both of you. You've both worked hard and now it's time to do what you want to do. You'll be like Zane and I, going places together and just enjoying each others company. Excellent.

    Have a perfect Awesome Monday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have some day trips planned and a week in Charleston & Savannah later this year. Nothing outrageous, just enjoying life at a more relaxed pace.

      Delete
  3. And now your retirement fun together begins! You both have earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your wife! How exciting for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and best wishes and i hope you two have many years of wonderful adventures together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your wife's retirement, my wife sort retired and I should have but I'm easing into it by working three days a week. Now I feel I should just retire. Enjoy yourselves

    ReplyDelete