Monday, December 11, 2017

2017 Christmas Music Marathon - Day 18

All of us look forward to good news. Last Thursday I got some very good news. Back in October I had a bit of an accident and my camera along with my favorite lens took a tumble and broke both pieces of equipment. I sent them in to the manufacturers and got an estimate on the repairs. That process took a couple of weeks. After I approved the expenses, it took another three weeks to get the equipment fixed and returned to me. Most of the images you have seen in this year's marathon have been taken with my phone, a borrowed camera or a few are reprints from previous marathons. The image above is the first published image with MY camera back from the camera hospital. It's like an old friend returning after being apart for a very long time. Believe me, being without my camera for five or six weeks is an eternity. My camera and lens are back, and just in time for Christmas. Happy days are here again. I could boogie, but I'm sure I'd break something else.



10 comments:

  1. Oh beautiful holiday photo with YOUR camera ~ and lovely Christmas music too!

    Happy Week to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No camera takes the place of your favorite image maker, for sure.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I painfully know the sadness of being without that trusted friend (my camera). My SLR was irreperably damaged a few years ago and I've relied on phones and a smaller Canon camera for my memory making shots, but they just aren't quote up to par. Someday, I hope to replace my beloved Canon Rebel. Your Christmas shot is precious, and one could not help but boogie a bit listening to that song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have my favorite image maker back in the bag.

      Delete
  3. Very good news. I had no idea you had a mishap with your camera. I'm glad you're back in business.

    I'm glad you're letting the reindeer do the boogie instead of you. Much safer.

    Have a fabulous and blessed day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, my boogie days are behind me, but my picture taking days have resumed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for getting your camera back! And that is a fun song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trisha is just as talented as her husband. Great song.

    ReplyDelete