Thursday, July 30, 2009

We're going on a cruise. We've never been on a cruise! That's right, November 1, we will sail out of Galveston, TX for a seven day cruise in the Western Caribbean. Several months ago my brother-in-law mentioned that they were going on a cruise in November. My bride's brother called again the other day and told us that they had booked their place on this cruise and that we should join them. Well, we didn't really go anywhere special for our 35th wedding anniversary in May, and we've never been on a cruise, so...why not?
I guess we'll spend the next couple of months trying to drop a few pounds (50 would be nice), deciding what shore excursions we want to take (any suggestions?), and making sure that we have an adequate wardrobe (yep, my wardrobe is adequate, two pairs of short and couple of shirts). I'll keep you advised as we get closer to the date.

7 comments:

  1. Cruising is a blast...What are the ports of call?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go with you too. I always go on everyone's cruises. Hope you don't mind.

    Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been on a cruise. My wife is against it. I may wear her down one day.
    Have a good cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bond: We're leaving out of Galveston and heading for Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, and Cozumel. It's a 7-day cruise.

    Sandee: The more the merrier!

    Grampy: This is our first cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been on a cruise, I get seasick on a canoe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds great! We've been watching the cruise ships come in and head out since the season started. It's got me thinking about doing it too.

    ReplyDelete