Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Thoughts/Looking at the Sky Watch



Sunset in the Ozarks

Last Saturday we attended an outdoor wedding. During the reception I looked to the west to find this scene. I had my wife's pocket, point & shoot, digital camera along just in case a photo opportunity arose. There were plenty of people with cameras photographing the wedding party, so I decided to capture this image instead.

What can I say, our main television went out on us last week-end. Well, the picture began acting like your computer monitor just before the screen goes black. That meant a trip to Best Buy for a new Samsung 40" LCD unit. The best part is that they deliver, set it up, and haul the old one away. The old set was a Sanyo 30" wide screen tube set. It weighed 160 pounds, so I don't have to tell you how happy I was that Best Buy will dispose of it.
Update: The old Sanyo has decided to work! I guess that means that an ancient 25" analog television that is in the living room will be leaving us. That's ok, it's over 20 years old and the color is not very good. Well the Geek Squad showed up, installed the new tv and it is amazing!!! The color is stunning, the size is just right and the sound is excellent as well. Next week I'll try out one of my favorite movies, "Cars" to see how I like it on the bigger screen. All I can say is, if you're in the market for a new LCD television, you could do a lot worse than this Samsung! One final note, in September Best Buy will come back out and calibrate the colors. This IS an additional service, but it will make the picture quality close to blue-ray. Since this is the primary television in the house, I decided to spend a little extra money and get the picture quality as close to perfect as possible. Stay tuned for the update.

For the inspirational song this week, I picked another song that we sang recently in our worship service. Enjoy.



11 comments:

  1. Excellent sunset shot - love the way the sun is just showing from behind the cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ozarks is a beautiful place to be and even nicer to live there. Your photos are very nice.

    Now, you and your friends can help me Make History. I am trying to see if it is possible to get 10,000 visitors in a short period of time on my new blog, Pick a Peck of Pixels. If you go there, please either become a Follower or leave a comment. You can come back each day to see and read something new. Your visit will count and help me Make History. Pick a Peck of Pixels

    ReplyDelete
  3. the light golden color is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shot from the wedding. Often the sky is more interesting than the wedding. Just saying.

    Enjoy the new television.

    Have a terrific day and weekend. Big hug. :)

    Looking at the Sky on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sky offers a great beauty, the epitome of the heaven above. Mere mortals could not create such beauty...

    The TV sounds nice, our old 27" works okay, but eventually when this finally expires, the flat screens will be priced very nicely. Our upgrade awaits...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new television! It sounds amazing. I secretly wish ours would go out so we can upgrade! *LOL*

    So, did this wall of clouds cool off the reception as it hid the sun? It made for a great shot, anyhow.

    Thanks so much for playing along.

    Happy Friday,
    Tisha Looking @ The Sky on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Ozarks. We were back there in the early 80's - got my first and only chigger bite!
    But the scenery is so beautiful.
    I truly needed the music tonight. I used to sing in a praise team and really miss it. When I look for sky shots, I need to always remember the creator of those skies we all love so much.
    ~~~Blessings~~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't those new big screens just delicious, Driller? And didn't that old TV weigh soooo much! :) Enjoy your new TV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, the golden sunset is just gorgeous, Driller! :)

    ReplyDelete