Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Friday Thoughts


Our office building is located about a mile from the local private airport and we are directly in the flight path. Since this little airport is the home of Walmart aviation and they own the largest fleet of private corporate jets in the country, I am afforded many opportunities each week to look out my window and capture a photo similar to this one. This particular day even the clouds cooperated.
This has been a work week that I would just as soon forget. I've been dealing with some client related issues that are wearing on the last nerve of just about everyone involved. I'll be glad when we get all of this resolved and get back to a normal relationship.
We're making final preparations for the November cruise. My passport should be here in a couple of weeks. I've a couple of new pairs of water shoes for the excursions and I've actually lost about 10 pounds. I only have another 90 to go! Well, not by Nov. 1, but my long term goal is to lose as close to 100 lbs as possible. I am guessing that 75-80 will be a more realistic stopping point.
September 16 is right around the corner and we will be leaving for the National Quartet Convention in Louisville, KY. This event focuses on Southern Gospel music. No, I don't sing, but I do love to listen and we will get plenty of opportunities to hear the best groups in the business over a four day stay. I can't wait. I might even be another 10 pounds lighter by then.
For the inspirational song this week, I've decided to find something from one of the groups that will most certainly be at the convention. Here is Real Faith by Brian Free and Assurance. Enjoy

13 comments:

  1. ;your header picture is inspirational by it's self. love the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photograph. Excellent.

    I hope you get past all the wearing on the last nerve stuff. I so remember this. Makes the work week three times as long.

    Yay on the weight loss. I need to lose 20 pounds. I guess I need to get started.

    Love the video. Very well done.

    Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropped by to say, Happy Friday. Hope your week ends better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic! I would love to have that view from my office.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue in the picture. The plane just stands out. Love it. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the layers of clouds really do frame the plane perfectly, great shot

    I hope work calms down, these situations can be so exhausting

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great capture. Also love your header and Wordless Wed. shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that plane pic! At least something cooperated!

    It sounds like you have a lot of things in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this shot. The sky is so blue! Have a terrific weekend. :)

    Mommy's Little Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one cool shot...do they ever take off coming toward you? That would be an excellent photo op

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kewl capture for today's photo and beautiful header too ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. humm, ususally I like this group, maybe was my computer, they sounded off. But loved the header

    ReplyDelete
  13. This summer we've been able to watch the float planes flying over Elliot Bay. And for the last couple of weeks there have been those...whaddayacallits...the power boats that pull the parachute gliders? It's been a busy summer out on the bay.

    ReplyDelete