Thursday, August 6, 2009

Looking At The SkyWatch Friday Thoughts





Looking At the Sky/SkyWatch Friday

This week has been a lot like these photos, a storm cloud threatened, there was a bright spot. It got a little hot, but the week-end will be better.

My in-laws are coming for Sunday dinner, so I'm grilling chicken and a pork loin. It's gonna be good. We'll spend a little time planning our cruise. I think we might try para-sailing! Have any of you done this? They put you in a parachute one the back of a speed boat. They attach you to 400' of ski rope and let you fly! I'm up for it, but I doubt if there will be any photos to prove that I actually did this. I'm more willing to put my own body in harms way than my camera.

I know this is a short post,but I really don't have much on my mind. Here is this week's inspirational song. It's another praise song. I guess when I get in one of these moods, I really need to spend a little more time in praise mode. This should help. Enjoy.


10 comments:

  1. These are the skies I have been dying to capture. The ones that push down and blanket the world. I've only seen them since I've lived near the Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice photos. You captured some really good cloud scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, wonderful sky shot... second, I'm STILL jealous of anything to do with grilling... and thirdly, para-sailing? I mean, I have jumped out of an airplane twice in my life when I was young and silly, but wow! I don't know if I'm ready for that!!! I admire your courage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at the video before looking at the sky. Soulful and spiritual, singing like this surely makes the devil flee. And it goes without saying, only God could make the sky ominous yet beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skies. Hope it didn't rain on your barbecue or your parasailing expedition. I did that at Lake Havasu one year ... decades ago actually. It was great fun and I'd do it again even now if presented with the opportunity.

    Thanks for your visit to and comment at Sacred Ruminations. Actually, I'm using Photoshop Elements 6 ... not the full blown program. It's AMAZING what one can do with the limited version. I'm thinking of buying PSE7 but haven't done so yet ... maybe I'll wait for 8?

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely clouds even if they do mean it's going to rain. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw someone para-sailing on Elliot Bay last week from my office window. I know I'll never do it. It combines two of my phobias...fear of drowning with a slight fear of flying.

    ReplyDelete