Thursday, August 13, 2009

Friday Thoughts/Looking at the SkyWatch Friday




This little lake, 67 acres, is about 5 miles from the house. I go there on summer evenings and do a little bass fishing from the bank. Around sunset is the best time. The evening prior to this was better because there were clouds for the sun to peek through and reflect off of. I tell you to always keep a camera handy. I should have followed my own advice.

It's been busy week. I smoked a pork loin last Saturday, grilled fourteen chicken halves on Sunday, went fishing Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and last night we planned a little more of our November cruise. I booked a deep sea fishing excursion while we're in Montego Bay, and my bride booked a day at the beach when we get to Cozumel. I think we will probably do the submarine excursion at Grand Cayman. It's a 48 passenger sub that takes you approximately 100 feet deep. I'm betting that there are going to be some great photo opportunities.

So what do you want to see and hear for an inspirational song? I think I'm going to share a song that brings back the old time southern gospel sound. It's a feel-good song from Signature Sound. We're going to see them and a whole bunch of other groups next month at the National Quartet Convention in Louisville, KY. Enjoy, "Old Camp Meeting Days"

19 comments:

  1. I wanna come eat with you! You've had some yummy stuff...pork loin and grilled chicken. :)

    I hope the excursion is fun. We've always wanted to do this, but we'll have to wait 'till the kids are older now.

    Thanks so much for playing along. Happy Friday. I love this orange sky.

    Tisha @ Looking @ The Sky on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture and commentary to go with it. Enjoyed hearing about all the cooking you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot on the lake. Nothing like a little top water action at sunset for bass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely golden sky ---and great reflections in your photo.

    Find my Sky Watch photo for this week HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. the sky is so warm
    and the reflection on the lake is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the reflection of the sunset on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to come eat with you too. You do the BBQ and tell me what you want us to bring. Yummo.

    Way cool lake by the way. Must be a great time to unwind and de-stress from a busy day.

    Have a terrific day and weekend. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good sunset! Great color and the water is fantastic.

    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CWM: The cruise is a first for us, so we're looking forward to it.

    Yogi: Wow! We have too much in common! I grew up in Tulsa and my father's nickname is Yogi.

    Travis: It's been like that most every evening this week.

    JBar: Kind of like "On Golden Pond".

    Sally: You got that right! They're chasing shad in the eveinings and a little swim bait is just the ticket.

    CJ: Thank you.

    Diane: The weather has been a touch warm, but it is great at sunset.

    49erfangirl: I missed getting a pontoon boat in a shot later. I was busy with a bass at the time.

    Sandee: Come on over, the more the merrier. I'm grilling a steak next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sunset, busy week, and a fabulous vacation shaping up! Not only should you always keep your camera close... but don't forget the MEMORY CARD! (I did that one night this week!)


    My SWF - Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW ... what a magnificent sky and what tasty 'grub' you rustle up ;--)

    After being 'chastised' by the hosts of Sky Watch for linking these two memes, I've separated my Friday skies. My Sky Watch post is at Happily Retired Gal and Looking at the Sky at Sacred Ruminations ... both with a bit of Haiku as usual.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Martha: Thank you and I will have a camera close at all times. I just bought four new memory cards too.

    Storyteller: Maybe the folks at Skywatch should get a life. It's just a meme, not the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The submarine trip sounds awesome! I've never been to Montego Bay... but would like to go... and have barbecue too. (That jealousy thing about not having my own grill and reading these posts... I do need to learn to control it!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is awesome sky!
    http://mytravelhereandthere.com/2009/08/07/looking-at-the-sky

    ReplyDelete