Thursday, December 9, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Christmas Music Marathon - Day 9

I captured this sunset on the way home from work last week.  I just had to pull off of the road, enjoy the show, and capture the moment to share with you.
Today the Christmas Music Marathon song is a classic spiritual. I give you two arrangements. First up is Trisha Yearwood. I truly like this arrangement of the song. "Sweet Little Jesus Boy." Enjoy.



The roots of this song are in Black Gospel music.  Perhaps the greatest voice in this genre was Mahalia Jackson. As much as I like the Trisha Yearwood arrangement, this is the way the song was intended to be sung. You can just hear her heart and soul in this song. You can see the joy on her face. Mahalia is not just singing a song, she is worshiping the Lord. Enjoy.



If you haven't been following along with this musical journey, take a few moments, scroll back a few posts and find a song that puts you in the Christmas spirit.  I'm posting a different song every day.  Happy Skywatching all.

12 comments:

  1. I played Mahalia Jackson first and hubby after the first two notes said, "Mahalia Jackson". We like hers better than the first one, although that one is nice too.

    Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great songs and lovely pic. Well worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sunset, definitely worth pulling over for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning sunset. Love the Christmas song selection too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great photo and this time two songs (or one song sang by two great singers.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a truly beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do that same thing...I think some of the commuters must think I'm bizarre as I whip out my camera in rush hour traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sky. I would have pulled over to enjoy the show too. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful and warm. It does make me smile too. Very creative of placing photographs hanging in the tree. Very very pretty indeed. So special.

    Have a warm, and merry Christmas with family and friends.

    Have a nice day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dad loved sunsets. Thanks for sharing both the songs and the sunset. Good memories of the past. Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete