Thursday, December 30, 2010

Skywatch Friday Thoughts and More

Click on badge to view other participants.

Lookin' Out My Back Door

I don't remember exactly when I took this photo.  It's been in the past couple of months.  It is a sunrise taken from the deck on the rear of our home.  A wooded green space joins our property and that's why all of the branches are present.  The whole pattern makes for some wonderful sunrise opportunities in the fall and winter.  
Sunrises remind me that God has given me a fresh start.  Lord knows I need a fresh start, because I have usually made a mess of yesterday.  I can spend a few minutes seeking His forgiveness for my less than Christian actions yesterday, seek guidance for today, and pray that He will renew a spirit of obedience within me.  Tomorrow we start, not only a new day, but a new year.  What will you do with the opportunity to start fresh?
The inspirational song for this last day of the year is a reminder of who God is.  He is the "Alpha and Omega".  Enjoy.




9 comments:

  1. A glorious way to begin a day, a week, a life! Love the blackened trees silhouetted against that gorgeous sky! Superb capture! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Happy New Year! Thank you for your visit/comment! Always appreciated!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful image!!! happy new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh starts are good and necessary, aren't they? We make such a mess of our lives. Or, at least, I do, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great view you have. Love the sunrise photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot. I've been getting lots of nice sunrise and the occasional sunset from my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year and all the best for 2011 From Matthew and I :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sunrise. Hope y'all had a brilliant holiday season...Much luck for 2011

    ReplyDelete