Monday, March 12, 2012

Ruby Tuesday



Click on badge to view other participants.

Recently my wife needed to make a trip to a local store to purchase some silk flowers for a project that she was working on.  The store is called "Oops!"  As the name implies, it is filled with overstock, discontinued, and some rather odd merchandise that obviously didn't sell in other stores.  Last year I took you on a tour of the A to Z store, that was actually five buildings.  "Oops!" is a scaled down version of "A to Z".  While wandering the aisles, I found these little guys.  I almost always have a small digital camera with me, for just such occasions, so here is what I found.
I'm not exactly sure if these are supposed to be happy little Gnomes or Santa's Elves.  Since they don't have pointy ears, I'm going with Gnomes.  I picked them for Ruby Tuesday because they were all wearing red hats.

 Generally speaking, I'm not a Gnome fan.  They can be a little like clowns and creep you out.  But these little guys seemed harmless enough and willing to pose for me.

 I think this one is named Noah, because he seems to building an ark.
 
Noah just might make a good Ruby Tuesday badge one of these days.  What do  you think?  See you  tomorrow for Wordless Wednesday.

14 comments:

  1. I think he'd make a great Ruby Tuesday badge. How fun and how wonderful for Ruby Tuesday.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of the store; but I'd love one near me. :)
    Love the gnomes! I already have a small collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sports gnomes! The can form a team, there would appear to be no shortage of applicants...they are all happy, and since Patti loves gnomes, and has a few, I like 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun little characters with great expressions on their faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was their willingness to pose for you that won your heart!

    Mask of Red and Yellow

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good thing I wasn't with you and your wife at the time....I don't think the car trunk would hold all those sweet gnomes!!! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully captured photos of the gnomes!

    Ruby Pen, come and see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My neighbor's son (16) has a whole collection of gnomes in the front yard. It makes me laugh, but on the other hand it's also quiet cute !

    ReplyDelete
  9. gnome-body knows the trouble i've seen

    sorry, it just popped off my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful red dwarfs :-) Visiting from Ruby Tuesdays 2, hope that you can return your red visit too.

    http://www.homecookingwithjessy.com/what-does-say-in-your-fortune-cookie/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great find. I am rarely without a camera myself so I don't miss these type of "targets of opportunity."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gnomes are creepy, but these aren't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are Goebel Co-Boy's made by the same company that took over the Hummel Figurine line... I have about six which we picked up in Europe.

    ReplyDelete