Thursday, March 8, 2012

Skywatch Friday

Click on badge to view other participants.

End of Day

Like most people, I look forward to the drive home from work each day.  The difference is, that my drive is actually very pleasant.  Living in a relatively rural area, I don't have to fight the traffic that many of you face each afternoon.  When the sunset looks like this, I have a place that I can drive to and capture the image for everyone to enjoy.  Lately I have been reminded that I am entering my own sunset.  Even under the best of circumstances and good health, I have already lived two thirds of my life.  In the past week two friends have lost their spouses.  It is a sobering reminder that life is short, death is certain, and eternity is sure.  While this body is a temporary home and has a finite existence, the soul is eternal.  We will spend eternity somewhere.  Based on the decision of what to do with the person of Jesus Christ, our place in eternity is determined.  Christ said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me". (John 14:6).  Further, He told us "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."(John 3:16)  Perhaps most importantly, we are told, "He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:18).  The question is, where will you spend eternity.  Tonight, two people that I know are resting in the arms of their Savior.  Their time on earth is done.  They can "Go Rest High On That Mountain".  Have a blessed week-end.

 

10 comments:

  1. Great shot and I've been thinking what lifetime I have left too. Seems we're thinking the same things.

    Love the video as always.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a wonderful world to live on.
    Best wishes
    http://www.starbear.no/mormor/2012/03/08/himmelsk-75/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sky.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful end of the day photo!
    I am reminded, we do not sorrow as those who have no hope.
    There is sorrow in this life, but not hopeless sorrow.
    Have a blessed week-end!
    Lea
    Lea's menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a spectacular photograph. You are so generous to share your good skywatching spots with us via your photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sky, got to love those splendid clouds! Have a great day!!! I know that you will;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of those busy commutes. It's not that far in distance - only 15 miles - but it can take an hour to complete.

    However, when the sky is clear, I get a great view of Mt Ranier. So it's not all bad to be stuck in 10mph traffic on the I-90 bridge when I can see that incredible mountain for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture--I love that Mackeral sky.

    Nice thoughts too.

    I like 'ol Vince too. MB

    ReplyDelete