Thirteen Things I Intend To Do Differently On My New Blog
This is my new blog. The primary reason for starting it was that I made a huge mistake on my old blog. When I saved photos for the web in PhotoShop Elements, I made the wrong assumption that the program was automatically compressing the files as they were being saved. WRONG!!! The result was that I was posting photos on my blog that were in excess of 3Megs. Well, I used up all of my available free space in just over two years and 325 posts. I will probably go back and clean things up over the next few months, but I think I will probably stay on this site. At any rate, here are Thirteen things that I intend to do differently on this blog.
1. I will compress the files and review every photo before I post it. My Ruby Tuesday photos yesterday were less than 25kb each. That's more like it.
2. I will search out more unusual photo opportunities. I don't know what that means, but I think I'll know it when I see it.
3. I will probably limit my video clips to Friday's Thoughts. I don't know how large those files are from YouTube, so I am just going to be cautious in their use. I may even delete them after 90 days.
4. I will use more of the tools in PhotoShop Elements and share the results with you. I have no idea what I just said, but stay tuned.
5. I will post more about things that interest me and less about the exploits of the Grandcrew. Wait a minute, the Grandcrew is what interests me. Never mind.
6. I will research more about what I can and cannot do in Blogger. I don't want to get caught off guard again. I don't mind getting caught Right Guard, but not off guard.
7. After I have settled in here, I will look into a face lift. Not for me, for my blog. It could use a new look.
8. I will try to post a Ruby Tuesday every week for a year! I have never done any meme consistently for a whole year, not even Thursday Thirteen.
9. I'll try to win some kind of blog award. I always seem to be the oldest blogger/commenter on any site that I visit. Maybe I'll just award myself the Grumpy Old Blogger Award. I can work on that in PhotoShop Elements.
10. I promise not to use word verification in the comments section. Oh, I already don't require word verification. Never mind.
11. Maybe this blog should be less about me and the Grandcrew and more about meme's. Mmmm....maybe not.
12. I will make it a point to get the word out. When you mail a letter to someone in Arkansas, AR is the proper abbreviation!!! AK is for Alaska not Arkansas and AR is for Arkansas not Arizona!! Okay let's review this. AR= Arkansas, AK=Alaska, AZ=Arizona. Now, has everybody got that?
13. I will do one thing the same as before. I will continue to blog, because I enjoy it. It is a hobby and there are some great people out there that I enjoy reading and sharing comments with. Virtually all of them are in my favorite sites side bar. Visit them when you can.
Have a great Thursday Thirteen and come back soon.
Sounds like a plan to me. I'm sure we will be watching your grand-babies grow up. That's a very good thing.ReplyDelete
Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)
have a great day sounds like you have a great planReplyDelete
Blogging takes planning. Hurray for your plan! I wish that I can make a commitment to blogging and tell the world. Bravo!ReplyDelete
Now that's a good set of resolutions.ReplyDelete
I'm looking forward to your blog facelift! I have never received a blog award either! Just continue to do what you love.ReplyDelete
Have a great Thursday!
Good list. Keep it fun- that's my motto :)ReplyDelete
Well, I liked your blog before so I think I'll like your "new blog" too. Either way, it's fun to visit.ReplyDelete
glad you are still blogging and have found your previous mistakesReplyDelete
Sounds like a plan! Good luck and thanks for stopping by this week.ReplyDelete
You got me thinking, but I am pretty sure I don't have enough photos to worry about running out of space. The idea of deleting them after a time might work for me, too.ReplyDelete
Good luck with your face-lift. It does make a nice impression when you move out of the realm of the basic blogger templates.
oh, and about that word verification? yeah, I had to do that...ReplyDelete