Thursday, May 20, 2010

Skywatch Friday Thoughts



Tuesday afternoon was gorgeous, so I took some time off and we took the boat out for her maiden voyage.  WOW!  That was fun.  The temperature was in the mid-seventies.  There was a nice breeze, and, as you can see, the sky was beautiful.  The water was clear and almost no one was on the lake...just the way I like it.  Everything about the boat performed perfectly.  I tried out the fish locator, the live wells, the trolling motor.  We even put the cover on, just for practice.  I can honestly tell you, I am LOVING this boat.  The ride is amazing and the seats are the most comfortable that I have ever sat in.
Next week we will be on vacation in Destin, FL.  We have rented a condo with my Brother-in-law and Sister -in-law.  I will have a Ruby Tuesday and possible a Wordless Wednesday scheduled to post.  But, I doubt I will get around to doing a Friday post.  Have a great week, and I'll see you back here right after Memorial Day.
Moving right along, it's now time for the inspirational song of the week.  Monday night the Men's Ministry at our church sponsored a Men and Boys event.  Special guests were fishing pro, Hank Parker and Christian singer/songwriter, Russ Lee.  It was a wonderful, inspirational evening.  Both men have truly amazing testimonies.  Russ is the lead singer for NewSong, a group that I have enjoyed for many years.  So, departing from the normal southern gospel selection, I give you Russ Lee and "Love Is A Cross."  Enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful boat. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the boat is more than you dreamed it would be. I kinda figured you'd end up on your lake too. Good for you.

    The video just isn't showing up for me. Drat because I like your christian music.

    Have a great vacation. Be safe. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one of the best videos yet. I'd not heard that song before. Excellent.

    have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you bringing the boat????

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sky; beautiful boat! Perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one fine looking machine.

    ReplyDelete