Monday, April 13, 2015

Ruby Tuesday Too


One thing about a track meet...there is a lot of down time for competitors.  If you compete in only a couple of events and they are near the beginning of the meet, you can have three or four hours to kill before getting back on the bus and heading home.  If you compete in some of the last events, you have three or four hours to kill before you have to put  your game face on and give your best effort.
Even though some of these kids go to different schools, they may play on the same summer league baseball or soccer team.  They may compete against one another in other sports.  Teens are social animals by nature.  They will hook up and visit with each other at the drop of a hat.  It's actually kind of fun to watch.  Another nice thing about a junior high or high school track meet is that there is no shortage of red uniforms for a Ruby Tuesday Too post.  In the second image our youngest grand daughter is on the right.  She runs the 800m and 1600m.  This is her first year of competition and it's going pretty well.  I think she will be very competitive by the time she is in the 9th grade.  I don't think that the purple shoes make her any faster, she just likes bright colors.

4 comments:

  1. Nice shots there Driller, but I have to tell you, I wear blue running shoes and I think that is why I am so slow, so make sure your granddaughter sticks with purple unless she likes coming in last place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, Mr. Driller...these are amazing shots...your grand is beautiful and I love her purple shoes.
    Our youngest grandgirl ran track for the first time a few weeks ago and did very well..they are all getting ready for running in 8th grade.......I love going but, you are so right on having to hang out for several hours between events. I get to hang with our daughter, so I don't mind waiting at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is Ruby Tuesday, but I noticed her purple shoes long before I read the post. I love those purple shoes. I also know she's doing very well.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool photos, Driller.
    Hope you'll stop by http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/cat-on-ladder.html to share!

    ReplyDelete