Friday, October 26, 2012

The Great Pumpkin Hunt

Today I went in search of The Great Pumpkin.  I did not conduct my hunt per the Charlie Brown methodology, sitting in a pumpkin patch all night awaiting the arrival of the giant vegetable.  No, I conducted a daylight search at a local flea market.  This particular flea market is a relatively new one.  Since I had not been here before, I decided to stop in and see what they had.  Not long after I entered the front door I spotted the first pumpkin decoration and that's what sparked the hunt.  Game on!

 I spotted this colorful, if not traditional fall arrangement early on.  Keep in mind, I am not looking to purchase anything, I'm just looking for the Great Pumpkin to post here on my blog.

 
Another traditional decoration is this Jack-O-Lantern lamp.  I didn't plug him in to see if he would light up.  I'm pretty sure that if you break it, you bought it is the operative phrase here, so I limited my interaction to photos only.

Next up was this shiny, mylar pumpkin.  It may not be the most traditional decoration, but it will get your attention.  Let's move on, shall we?


This little pot was interesting.  I'm not sure if it is functional, but it is colorful and clever.  It looks like something that might have come from a Hobbit's abode.

I'm not sure if this one is grumpy or pouting.  In either case, he's not a happy camper.  Maybe the fact that he is on a shelf in a flea market instead of helping set a Halloween mood in someone's home is what has him upset.

On the contrary, here's a happy crew.  Maybe they're just a little too happy for Halloween and they wound up in a garage sale, then off to the flea market.

Finally, I came upon a display that had everything, witches, goblins, pumpkins and it's all lit up!  This may not be the Great Pumpkin, but it is a great decoration.  Well, I guess that's enough pumpkin hunting for one day.  Have a great week-end everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Except for the grumpy one they are all awesome. What a fun post.

    Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping around for holiday stuff at this time of year. I'd take that last one.

    ReplyDelete