Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Inspiration Thursday


When you have a craving for comfort food, where do you go?  In the chain restaurant business, most people would consider Cracker Barrel the king of comfort food. I'll have to admit, they are right at the top of my list.  I can eat breakfast there any time, and their sausage is just the best ever.  However, if you were to ask our grandkids where they like to eat breakfast, the answer is probably going to be "Nana's House".  Whenever they come to visit, a good home cooked breakfast is a given.  The menu must include scrambled eggs, biscuts, bacon, sausage patties and gravy, and milk and orange juice. The fact that they get to help crack the eggs, make the gravy, and set the table only adds to the magic that is Nana's Kitchen.  The sign hangs above the kitchen window and it is all true, meals and memories are indeed made here.
What about your soul?  When it craves comfort, where do you go?  I go to The Rock.  The Bible tells me that God loved me so much that He sent His only Son to pay the price for my sinful behavior in order that I might be able to have an eternal relationship with my Creator.  In fact, the Holy Spirit is referred to as The Comforter.  I find comfort in His Word.  I find comfort in people that He has brought into my life.  But when life becomes a burden, I find comfort in knowing that this earth is not my home, and the place that He has prepared for me will provide eternal comfort, where there are no more tears, anger, sickness, hurt.  There is just joy in the presence of Lord.  Have a blessed day.


2 comments:

  1. My mother had that kind of kitchen and I still miss it too. You have such a neat family. I know you know that, but it just shines.

    Loved the video. You've the greatest music.

    Have a blessed day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I miss my mom's cooking! She wasn't the best ever, but she always served enough for everyone and she did it with love.

    Cracker Barrel is good. I like that they offer a choice of veggies.

    ReplyDelete