Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's Official, I Am A Museum Piece


This post card was mailed out a couple of weeks ago, announcing the upcoming photo exhibit at a local museum.  The theme of the exhibit was landscape,the landscape of Arkansas in general and Northwest Arkansas in particular.  My wife encouraged me to enter three photos in the competition.  There were 300 entries from 100 local citizens.  One of my photos was selected to be one of the 40 entries that would be exhibited at the museum.  All of the entries were to be posted on a web site.  To say that I was surprised that my photo was selected is an understatement.  The fact that it was used as a part of the marketing effort for the exhibit was unbelievable.  Here is the front of the card with my photo in the lower left corner.


 Below is an enlargement of the photo. If you want to browse through 300 beautiful photos, then click here.  After viewing some of the entries, you too will wonder how mine ever got selected.  Last night was the opening of the exhibit.  My wife and I attended.  It was a very nice evening.  One of my friends also had a photo on exhibit, so we spent some time talking about our hobby. 


I entered two other photos that were not selected to be in the museum exhibit.  They are shown below.  The view of the mountains was taken on the same day as the photo above.  It was about forty miles from the above photo on Arkansas Highway 71 at Mountainburg, AR.  The place is called Artist's Point.  The last photo was captured at one of my favorite places.  Lake Avalon is one of seven private lakes in Bella Vista, AR., and I spend a lot of time there during the summer and fall.  Evenings are the best, and provides some wonderful opportunities for stunning sunsets.

After the exhibit opening, my wife and I walked down to the church to celebrate Good Friday with the Lord's Supper.  It made a perfect ending to a perfect day.  So if you're in Bentonville, AR. sometime before May 30, stop by Crystal Bridges at the Massey and enjoy the exhibit.  There are some stunning photos there and mine is NOT one of them.  Really.

7 comments:

  1. You make all bloggers Proud! Your shot is fantastic, says so much about what is down the road, the urge to see what is around the bend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need not be so modest. Those are all fine photographs. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is very, very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations both for having a photo selected for the exhibition and for the photo being on the publicity post card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being featured. That's awesome to say the least. You should be right proud. I'm impressed.

    Have a terrific day and a very happy Easter to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your photo!

    Oh...I should tell you that I really like this template.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, how exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete