Saturday, December 21, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday/2013 Christmas Music Marathon Day 24

Lights
This year we got 9" inches of snow a few days after I got the Christmas lights put up on the house.  It really adds to the holiday spirit.  Nearly all of it is gone now, but I have this photo as a memory.

 Tree
If you follow this blog for any length of time you know my wife has a gift for decorations and Christmas is her very favorite time of the year.  Our tree is 9 feet tall and is one of three that we put up each year.  The other two are smaller, but all contribute to the joy of the season.


  Big
Another one of my wife's creations is this three foot diameter wreath that sits over the fireplace mantel.


Makes Me Merry
As I grow older, memories make me merry.  Here is the Grandcrew from about eight years ago.  The oldest grand daughter is now seventeen and will graduate from high school this spring.  The baby brother is now ten and loves to fish and play baseball.  I'll post more recent images later next week, so stay tuned.

 On the Door
It goes without saying that the wreath on the door is another creation from the hands of my most talented wife and head elf.  In fact, at Christmas, she almost makes Will Farrell's Elf look normal. I helped with this by installing the garland.
 
2013 Christmas Music Marathon
I know that everyone is busy with last minute details, so before I forget, I am going to post my two all time favorite Christmas music videos.  I would give anything to be at the mall when this flash mob breaks out.

There are a lot of popular vocalists that eventually record a Christmas album. Sooner or later many of them take on "O Holy Night". Well, in my humble opinion, this is the best arrangement ever, by a voice that can truly sing it as it was intended to be sung.


Merry Christmas to one and all.

10 comments:

  1. All the shots are awesome and your wife is indeed very talented.

    I don't see either video today. I've refreshed the page a couple of times too.

    Have a blessed weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would loved being there for that flash mob too. That was amazing. I've seen it several times and it's still one of my favorites too.

    I can see why these two are your all time favorites. Excellent.

    I so enjoy taking this trip with you each year. May we both enjoy doing this for many, many years. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Grandcrew pic! And your wife does have a talent for decorations. I've been invited to several flashmobs. Most of them are geocachers meeting in a park or something. I've always had something else going on. I know several people who have tried to be part of a flashmob at Woodland Hills Mall here in Tulsa. Security has always been able to nip it in the bud. I guess the problem is that people show up and congregate to do their thing, typically something like swing dancing, but nobody wants to start so the security guys show up and get everybody to move along.
    Love the two songs Driller, keep'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...your wife truly has the midas touch when it comes to creating a Christmas wonderland. Great photography of a beautiful home. I wish you and yours a most joyous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my... a 9 foot tree. Although I have a lot of ornaments, I don't think I'd have enough to decorate a tree that large. Yes indeed... your wife has a knack for decorating! perhaps she should consider "hiring" herself out for those people that want decorations, but don't want to put them up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the effort you put to create that special Christmas atmosphere. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Appreciate stopping by on my scavenger hunt post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is gorgeous love your lights. I didn't get mine put up this year only the tree in the house. But it's not my normal Christmas tree we were at lowes when we seen the tree. Loved it and so we bought it. My house is kind of in disarray we are painting and laying new flooring. Had a flood back in August we are finally getting it finished..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wife does a great job with the decorations. Your pictures are nice. The grand kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we didn't have the spirit, we sure would after admiring your collection, all very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love your holiday décor. Your wife did an awesome job, that wreath is divine. Also I love your house lights, you did good too! - The snow looks pretty. We got some too but yippee (for me) it all melted. Oh Holy Night is one of my favorite Christmas songs. Thanks for being faithful in visiting my blog. Wishing you & your family a warm & wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete