Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Music Break

Don't ask me why, but I thought today would be a good day for a little music break.  The three or four of you who actually read this blog on a regular basis know that I love music, especially gospel and contemporary Christian music.  The past four years I have posted my Christmas Music Marathon and I usually include at least one song each week as a part of my SkyWatch Friday post.  I can't play any instrument and I can't sing, but I am a good listener.  So, with that said and without further delay, here are a few tunes from some of my favorite artists.  Enjoy.

Bart Millard is not only a great solo artist that pays tribute to the hymns of the church while putting a new arrangement on many of them, he is also the lead singer of Mercy Me.


Jason Gray is a true artist.  He can write the lyrics, arrange the music, and even direct the videos when needed.  His lyrics are among the best I have ever heard in contemporary Christian music.


I love Southern Gospel and I love the bluegrass spin that the Isaacs put on their music.  They are a special group and if you ever get a chance to see them in person, don't miss it.

The Booth Brothers are one of my favorite Southern Gospel groups.  They can sing anything and they have a message that cannot be denied.  This is a "fun" song to end this post.

Well, that was fun.  I hope you enjoyed the break from my usual posts.  Maybe I'll  just start a Gospel Music Thursday.  Let me know if you want to see and hear more.  Have a blessed day.


1 comment:

  1. My favorite was I Can Only Imagine.

    You're right about the Booth Brothers. That was fun.

    I've always enjoyed your music. My husband does too and much of this type of music we were raised on. Well the old ones at any rate.

    Have a blessed day. ☺

    ReplyDelete