Sunday, May 4, 2014

May the Force Be With Me

May is going to be a very busy month.  In fact, I'm not sure how much posting I will get done.  I've already missed two Scavenger Hunt Sunday posts and I don't know when I will get back to participating in that photo hunt.  What is so busy about May, you ask?
Of course we have little league baseball, and youth soccer that two of the grand kids are participating in.  That means a trip or two to the park each week.  The weather has cleared up and I can now get the boat out and harass fish once a week. But these are regular parts of my May schedule.  This week my wife is helping with the Senior banquet at the Church on Monday night.  Our daughter and her husband will be there with our oldest grand daughter, who is graduating from high school in two weeks.


That means I get the three younger grandcrew.  One has soccer practice and one has dance rehearsal.  Guess who is the limo driver.  Yep, and the grandson will be my wing man.

 Dancer

 Soccer Monster

 Wing Man

On Saturday the 10th we are attending a bridal shower and family cook-out for our niece.  We will be leaving that venue to drive to Tulsa to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary...kind of.  Our anniversary really is Sunday May 11, but the real celebration will consist of an Alaskan cruise later this year.

 40 Years and Counting

On Friday May the 16th, a group from our church is taking a day trip to Branson, MO. to see the musical Jonah, at the Sight and Sound Theater.

On Saturday the 17th our oldest grand daughter graduates from high school at 9:00 a.m.  There are over 1000 in her class.  The ceremony will take place at Bud Walton Arena on the University of Arkansas campus.  There will be two other high schools graduation ceremonies that day in the same facility.  It is good to be the first one scheduled.  Parking will be non existent for the second crowd.  After the graduation ceremony there will be a reception for the graduate at our daughter's home.  I've been working on some photos for a display.  Stay tuned, I hope to share some later this month.
On Sunday, May 25 there is a graduation reception for our grand daughter and her cousin in Ft. Smith.  And that brings us to the end of May.  Whew, I need a nap.

3 comments:

  1. Your first grandchild to graduate high school. How fun and you really are very busy this month. This is how busy hubby and I are most of the time. We have too much on our plate most of the time.

    Have a fabulous day and month and remember to take time for you. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really are busy. And that is a good thing.

    We saw Jonah during out Spring Break trip to Branson. It was fabulous. I kept thinking "I don't remember that." I got back to the room and checked my Bible and yes, they did flesh out the story on their own quite a bit. But I don't care. We agreed that we are going to check out the Sights and Sounds Theater on all their shows as they come up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. All of your planned activities sound exhausting in a very good way.

    ReplyDelete