Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Inspiration Thursday

Where does your inspiration come from?  If you read this blog for very long you know that I find a great deal of inspiration  and comfort in music.  I love music.  I don't play an instrument and I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I can listen to others and admire their gift.  I like most kinds of music, 50's & 60's pop, classic rock, even disco is okay with me. I like blues, jazz, contemporary (Yanni), country, bluegrass, and soul.  But when I wan to be comforted or inspired, I turn to gospel.  Music that has been inspired by Gods word and speaks to what God has done for us just the best.  Again, I love the hymns of the church, Country Gospel, Southern Gospel (there is a difference), contemporary Christian, & Praise/Worship.  Music of the faith is the reason I started "Inspiration Thursday".  I can share some thoughts from the Word of God and/or share music that fits my thoughts.  I enjoy looking for new artists as well as rediscovering the classic artists songs of the past.  Whenever you need a little inspiration, I would encourage you to find a local Gospel music radio station and listen to a few of the songs.  It just may make your day a little brighter.  Have a blessed week.


There will come a day when I will stand in judgement before my Lord and Savior. When He asks me what I did down here, unfortunately I won't be able to give this answer.

Why do I believe that Christ is the Son of God and that I will spend an eternity in His presence? This song answers that question.

We live in difficult times. The world seems to be filled with war, disease, violence, greed and those things that shake our faith in our fellow man. We should have never placed our faith in man. We need to believe in the truth. "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

2 comments:

  1. I love your music too. Right now I'm listening to Glenn Miller. Now that was a fine time for some great music too.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much with you...save for modern 'country' and soul. Oh...and death before disco!

    ReplyDelete