Saturday, October 25, 2014

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Once again I have let too much time pass since my last Scavenger Hunt Sunday post.  So here are a my thoughts for this week's promts.

Paint
One of the most challenging tasks, when  building a new home or updating your existing abode, is deciding what colors to paint the walls.  You want colors that are fresh and current, but you also want colors that  you can live with for quite some time because you probably aren't going to be excited about painting again in the near future.  Like everything else paint prices have gone through the roof.  I used to use flat white as a primer for everything, just to be sure that my color coat would be true.  I can remember when a gallon of flat white was $4.99-$7.99 per gallon.  Now, the cheapest paint you can get is going to be north of $20.00 per gallon.  Fortunately many of the quality brands now have formulas that are paint and primer in a single coat.  I don't know if I'm entirely sold on that concept.
 

Pumpkin
Okay, so these aren't real pumpkins, they do represent what many people do with pumpkins this time of year.  I found these at a local craft fair.  Most craft fairs do not allow photography of the products, but I was asked by the fair directors to take photos of the craft booths for judging to determine which vendors would be invited back next year.  That gave me access to some unique photo opportunities.  I thought these light fixtures were pretty cool.
 

Family
You guessed it, I didn't take this image.  Most of our family photos are taken during the holidays, Christmas, Easter, summer vacation, Mother's Day, etc. and include the entire brood.  This image is just my wife and I on our Alaskan Cruise.  We were on our way to our 40th Annivesary dinner and there were several photographers stationed around the ship to capture images for the passengers.  It's about the only way that I work my way into the photo.  Usually I am behind the lens.
 
 


Looking Cute
Time flies.  The first image is our oldest grand daughter when she was almost two years old.  She was a very cute baby and had a personality to match.  The second image was taken a couple of years ago and she has grown into a beautiful young lady.  Now she is in her freshman year of college.  One thing that hasn't changed is the sparkle in those eyes and her outgoing personality.
 

Photographers Choice
In keeping with the season I have chosen to feature the colors of fall here in Northwest Arkansas.  The next couple of weeks will be the peak season for fall foilage so I will be taking numerous photos.  I hope to grab a few of the grandcrew and photograph them as well.  That's it for this edition of Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Have a blessed week.

11 comments:

  1. What a great take on the prompts. Yes indeed. You also know how I love your photography.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those leaves are stunning! The pumpkins are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pumpkin lights. All great selections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaves are my favorite. I really like your cover photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know paint can be expensive and now lots of companies have gone back to just a few shades of each color instead of multiple choices.
    Those are neat pumpkin lights.
    You and your wife make a sharp looking couple.
    Yes your granddaughter is adorable and lovely.
    Nice choice for PC - I also chose leaves, they are so pretty this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, the colors of fall. Nicely captured, as well as the ones in the next post =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pumpkins are adorable! Your granddaughter is a beautiful young woman. Lovely fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pumpkins are adorable. I want some! The sparkle in your granddaughter's eyes doesn't seem to have changed over the years. She looks like a very happy and pleasant young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Stopping by from the linkup.
    You have a beautiful family! I love the baby and grown up pictures of your daughter. That's great that she's a freshman in college! I do miss college... I was very homesick my freshman year, but I eventually worked through that. Has your daughter declared a major?
    I like the pumpkins! Ah, don't worry about them not being real. I didn't really have a chance to do any real pumpkins this year.
    Well, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images Driller, I always enjoy seeing pics of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all these--
    great family shots--
    and you did a great job with the outdoor ones--
    have fun this week--

    ReplyDelete