Thursday, September 24, 2015

Skywatch Friday

Last Sunset of Summer 2015
I've always been a fan of sunrise and sunset photos.  The other day, about 6:30 p.m. I noticed that the sky looked like a great sunset was going to happen, so I grabbed my gear and headed to a local lake where I knew I could get a good view of the sunset.  Between 7:15 and 7:30 p.m. this happened.  I am told that the closer we get to the seasonal equinox the quicker the sunset happens and I believe it.  Farewell summer 2015.

 First Autumn Sunrise 2015
I got up this morning around 6:30 to get ready to go the the gym and as I headed into the kitchen I noticed a colorful glow coming through the window.  I looked outside and knew that a special sunrise was about to happen.  Again, I grabbed my gear and drove a few blocks to the gym.  Across the street from the community building is a farm that has escaped local development and a pastoral image is still possible to capture.  By 7:05 a.m. this is what I saw.  I don't know if the early bird gets the worm, but I do know that he gets to see some of God's best "Good morning" greetings.  Have a blessed week-end.

  

12 comments:

  1. Gloriously colored skies and terrific captures for the day!! Thanks for sharing the beauty!!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous distinct views of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, wonderful skies Driller. Love the last one with the old windmill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These shots are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous shots. I love the windmill sunrise! Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow such gorgeous colors... beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots, love the intense colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure capture some great sunrises and sunsets. Wow.

    Loved the video.

    Have a blessed day and weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid images of a beautiful first hour of the first day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are beautiful. Love how they are both ends of the color spectrum.

    ReplyDelete