Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 Christmas Music Marathon Day 31

The bear in the photo is vintage 1984.  His name is Boomer (as in Boomer, Sooner).   My wife gave him to me when I took a new job in Dallas, Texas and had to be away from the family for several weeks.  The rocking chair is vintage 1948-49.  I was two or three years old when I got that.  I refinished it a couple of years ago and it sits in the study.  Christmas is a time to recall memories from the past and to make memories for the future.  It is my prayer that you are able to spend time this Christmas with those who bring you the greatest joy.



1 comment:

  1. Love your bear and your rocker. Way cool that you still have both of them.

    Yes, I intend on enjoying my family very much this year as I do every year. Precious they are to say the least. I know you feel the same why about your family.

    Both are great today. I just love Christmas music. Makes me smile.

    Have a terrific weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete