Monday, December 15, 2014

New Toy - 2014 Christmas Music Marathon - Day 18

Christmas came a little early to me this year.  Since we have sold our home and will be moving into a little smaller residence, I have made a couple of other changes.  I sold my bass boat as well.  I know, a couple of your are now picking your jaw off of the floor.  It's okay, really, it is.  I just decided that digital photography will be my primary hobby and I don't need a boat to indulge my second favorite pass time, fishing.  I did upgrade my digital camera and lens.  I purchased a Nikon D7100 with a Tamron 16-300mm lens.  That may not mean much to some folks, but it is a big deal to me.  I am currently playing with some of the features in the new camera and I have to admit, I am impressed (that doesn't take much) with the quality of the images and some of the new features.  Virtually all of the images that you will see from now on will come from the new camera.  There is lots to learn, so be patient while I figure some of this stuff out.

2014 Christmas Music Marathon-Day 18
Each morning many of us wake up, get the newspaper and turn on the morning news show to get the latest news.  We find out what happened around the block and around the world while we were sleeping.  2000 years ago God ushered a new age into this world.  He gave the world His only Son and an opportunity to one day live in paradise forever.  There were those to whom the news was announced, but to much of the world, the birth of a Savior happened while they were sleeping.


2 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't know you were downsizing, but that makes sense. The boat is a bit of a surprise, but your photography has been your passion. I noticed that long ago. You're very good at photography too. Good for you.

    Love the video. Next week is Christmas. I have always enjoyed your marathons.

    Have a blessed day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sold the boat?!?!? MY oh my... well...now you have room for that new Camaro !!

    ReplyDelete